Food is a necessity, but you can get creative with your meals and try something new. The following recipe is simple enough for any day, and it has oral-enhancing ingredients to top it off.
The following ingredients make this bruschetta a dental-friendly delight:
The recipe calls for a little raw honey. Raw honey is different from regular honey, as it has not been altered in any way. Raw honey should add a touch of tanginess to your cauliflower topping that should be a great addition. You can purchase raw honey online, at a farmer's market, or in your local health food store. You want this type of honey in your recipe because it contains several antibacterial properties. For example, the enzymes in this type of honey should help stop bacterial reproduction. In addition, the natural osmotic nature of raw honey will dehydrate harmful bacteria to death.
The next ingredient that you want to pay attention to is the type of cheese that you purchase. You can get any type of aged cheese that you prefer, just make sure it is aged. Aged cheese contains a vitamin that is overlooked called vitamin K2. This is a very special vitamin that your body uses to identify areas in your body that need calcium. That means your body can rectify any bacterial attacks on your teeth by remineralizing them.
The last thing ingredient in this recipe you want to pay attention to is your fermented vegetables. Fermented vegetables resemble pickles, except that they are filled with probiotics. Probiotics is the reason you want to add fermented veggies to this recipe. Probiotics feed on the harmful bacteria in your mouth. You can purchase fermented vegetables in your local health food store or farmer's market.
Remember that these ingredients are not meant to cure any dental ailments. You will need to leave that to your dentist. The aforementioned ingredients are preventative measures and should protect you from oral ailments.
Recipe For Your Oral-Friendly Cauliflower Bruschetta
You will need the following:
- Head of a small cauliflower, diced into small pieces
- Diced tomatoes
- Fermented vegetables
- 2 slices of bread
- Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of butter from grass-fed cows
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- A dash of pepper
- Raw honey
- Heat up a pan over medium-heat.
- Add enough olive oil to cover the pan.
- Throw in the cauliflower.
- Add the seasonings as you are cooking.
- Add the butter, and let it mix with the cauliflower. Make sure you keep stirring to get all the pieces well-seasoned and cooked. Keep tasting until it is done, which should be when the cauliflower is soft to chew. It should take around 10 minutes to cook.
- Use a separate pan to toast your bread in olive oil. Add a layer of mayonnaise and mustard to your bread once toasted.
- Top your prepared bread with the cauliflower, tomatoes, cheese, and fermented vegetables. Enjoy.
As you can see, satisfying your hunger can also take your oral health into account. Talk with a dentist, like Montillo Dental Associates Braintree, if you have further concerns about your dental health.Share